Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just an Old Hymn??

I was playing the piano and ran across a hymn my Grandma Srack used to love. As I played it, the words just jumped off the page. 
All to Jesus I surrender, All to Him I freely give. 
I will ever love and trust Him. In His presence daily live!
I surrender all, I surrender all. 
All to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender all!
All to Jesus I surrender, Humbly at His feet I bow. 
Worldly pleasures all forsaken, Take me Jesus, Take me now!
All to Jesus I surrender, Make me, Savior, wholly Thine.
Let me feel Your Holy Spirit, truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender, Lord I give myself to Thee.
Fill me with Thy love and power, Let Thy Blessings fall on me!!

If I could truly live All Surrendered, life would be so amazing and wonderful. If I lived in His presence daily, I would overcome all adversity, conquer every fear, defeat every enemy.  If I would forsake everything that is less important than His provision, I would dwell above the stresses that the acquiring and maintaining of "Stuff" demands. I'd be free of competition, striving, & insecurity. If I truly surrendered every part of my life to Him, I'd have continual access to His peace, His joy, and His Love. Lord, let me daily surrender All that I am, All that I have, and All that I desire to You!! In return, Take me, Mold me, & Use me to further your kingdom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment