Wednesday, September 7, 2011

It's A Wonderful Day

It's a perfect day. God has made today so special that I woke up praising Him this morning, Is it a birthday, anniversary, or some special occasion for me? No...as far as my calendar is concerned, it's just an ordinary Wednesday. But today is a wonderful day!
It's gorgeous outside. There's a cool breeze, the sun is shining, the sky is cloudless, and a little brown squirrel is playing outside my window. God's beautiful world is visible and close. There's a warm feeling in my heart from memories of a church picnic where there was abundant laughter, great food, and lots of sweet fellowship. I have just come home from a "renewal" trip to California where I got to visit with my kids and grandkids. My mind is filled with happy  thoughts of their smiling, loving faces. There are bright things to come - our daughter is expecting twins in a couple of months and that brings a special thrill all of its own. While that event is not today, the happiness I can anticipate fills me up Today!
Yes, today is just a wonderful day because God made it that way. I have hours, minutes, and seconds to spend loving Him and serving Him in any way that He directs me. I have people to encourage and comfort. I have things to accomplish. I have Bible studies to write and classes to prepare for. I have work that I love. If I didn't have a job to do, I'd be spending today in His presence, so I better look around for my assignment - it's out there, I just have to be aware enough to see it! Today will be a day of ministry!
Of course there are looming clouds out there on the horizon...clouds of struggle, hurt feelings, other things that I may have to have an extra measure of grace to deal with.  But those things are not here Today, and God tells me not to worry about tomorrow.  He will help me handle those things when they come, if they come.  That's the thing about worry - those worry-builders may not ever come! So we should not borrow trouble, and I'm not going to!
I have today, God's beautiful day, and I am going to rejoice and be glad in it.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment