Saturday, April 9, 2011

Distractions

Life is full of distractions - things that get in the way of what God calls us to do or that take our focus off of Him.  Someone once said that the problem with life is that it's so daily.  As Christians, we often get so busy that we forget that our main purpose on this earth is to glorify God and to help others get to know Him. We play church once a week, more as a social activity than a time to truly worship, and we fill our lives with "good things", inching out the really important activities of prayer, Bible study, and worship/ praise and witnessing. Our daily struggles sidetrack us and our busy lives rush us from one season to the next, over and over. The years race by and pretty soon we're looking back, wondering where the time went! Let's take a breath, find a quiet spot and a quiet time, and reevaluate how we're spending our days!
It will be worth it when God can actually call us His good and faithful servants...

Lord, help me to take a good hard look at what fills my days, what I'm accomplishing for Your kingdom, and what I need to reprioritize in order to do what You've called me to do. I don't want to get to the end of my earthly journey and have regrets or have You show me what would have been possible if only my focus had remained true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment