Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Father Knows Best!

I love this picture...for several reasons. It makes me smile every time I see it. It also reminds me of a very similar picture of Izzy that was taken as I was feeding him Squash for the first time (at his parents' urging!).He looked at me with utter scorn and disbelief at how a Grammy that claimed to love him could feed him something so disgusting!!
 It serves to remind me, too, of how sometimes God tries to give me something that I should love or that is very good for me, and yet I turn my nose up at it and shudder in horror! We are so quick to decide if we want something or not that often we miss out on something really wonderful just because we're stubborn. 
I was just reminded yesterday of a ministry that I have come to really enjoy. When I was first approached, my answer was "No Way, Never,..." After a series of battles, both with myself and the Lord, I finally gave in and discovered that I LOVE doing it. It fulfills something in me that I can't get any other way. "You won't know if you like it until you try it", my mom used to say!
God is an amazing God and certainly does know best. When He gives me something, whether it looks like something I want or not, my response need to be "Thank You, Lord" & nothing else because I know that everything He gives me is Good - one way or another! 


No comments:

Post a Comment