Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Thing Remains

       I'm not really "UP" on the latest Christian music but when I was in CA, my son introduced me to this amazing song by Jesus Culture that I ended up singing it in the car for the greater part of the 1000 mile trip home.  While it's a simple song, the message is really profound...

Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains

Your love never fails
 it never gives up
 it never runs out on me

On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death and in life I'm confident
and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid - there's nothing that can separate my heart
 from your great love

      This is the same message that the Apostle Paul gives to us in Romans 8:38-39!  God's love is so amazing...nothing you can do will ever change, alter, or stop His love for YOU. It doesn't matter what you've done or how many times you've blown it.  His love never fails, never gives us, & never runs out!  After all, He sacrificed His only Son for you - what other proof do you need??
      Apply this love to all that you're facing today. Sorrow, illness, sadness, fear, anger, betrayal, ...any negative or hurtful thing can be overcome by affirming and appropriating His Great Love!! It's all you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment